1. Ruling PDP today accused opposition National Conference
(NC) of remembering autonomy "only during rainy days",
saying its leaders "suddenly start" talking about autonomy
and friendship with Pakistan when out of power, while they
"scream about bombing Pakistan" and "getting back occupied
Kashmir" when in power.
2. Chief Justice of India T S Thakur today became emotional
in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, lamenting
government's "inaction" in raising the number of judges
from 21,000 to 40,000 to handle mounting cases, saying,
"you cannot shift the entire burden on the judiciary".
3. An informed society can be a tool for development, Union
Minister Jitendra Singh said today and stated that the aim of
the 'Gram Uday Se Bharat Uday' campaign was to educate
rural population about various development and welfare
schemes launched by the Centre.
4. Former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah
today said the youth of the state were second to none in
talent and determination but deserved the best facilities and
avenues to hone their skills.
5. The Auqaf Islamia Jammu will soon establish three nursing
colleges in Jammu, Kishtwar and Rajouri districts.
6. National Conference today accused ruling coalition
partners PDP and BJP in Jammu and Kashmir of playing
opportunistic politics and polarizing the state for electoral
7. Bollywood star Salman Khan's appointment as the Indian
Olympic contingent's goodwill ambassador has not gone down
well with star wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt, who feels a
sportsperson should have been chosen for the role.
8. Liquor baron Vijay Mallya's passport has been revoked by
the External Affairs Ministry. The 60-year-old businessman
had left the country for London early last month while owing
nearly a billion dollars to banks.
9. Sharing concern over drought in various parts of the
country, Prime Minister Narendra Modi today pitched for
water conservation through a mass movement as he pinned
hopes on the Monsoon which is predicted to bring upto 110 per
cent of rainfall this season.
Bank Jobs, IBPS, All Banks Updates
Jammu & Kashmir News Check All Latest News from J&K
Government Jobs, Private Jobs - Check All Jobs Updates
Do you Need Website, Mobile App or Software check our Services Below