1. Describing Revenue Department as the fulcrum of good
governance, Chief Minister, Mehbooba Mufti, Wednesday
asked the officers to maintain the highest standards of
probity and help in making administration public-oriented,
accountable and transparent.
2. Noted academician and former Vice-Chancellor of the
Jammu University Prof Amitabh Mattoo was today appointed
Advisor to Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba
3. The President's rule will continue in Uttarakhand and the
April 29 floor test in the Assembly ordered by the High Court
will not take place as the Supreme Court today extended its
stay on the quashing of the Central rule.
4. A dozen "laser walls" have been made operational along
the India-Pakistan International Border in Punjab to plug
the porous riverine and treacherous terrain and keep an
effective vigil against intruders and terrorists exploiting the
frontier areas to cross over.
5. The Government today informed Parliament that NIT
Srinagar authorities facilitated the return of 1,450 non-
Kashmiri students to their native places in the wake of the
unrest on the campus.
6. Jammu and Kashmir government today welcomed the
resumption of Foreign Secretary-level talks between India
and Pakistan saying the peace process is quite significant for
7. The Cabinet today approved promotion of forty six (46)
officers to the Time Scale of Jammu and Kashmir
Administrative Services (KAS).
Bank Jobs, IBPS, All Banks Updates
Jammu & Kashmir News Check All Latest News from J&K
Government Jobs, Private Jobs - Check All Jobs Updates
Do you Need Website, Mobile App or Software check our Services Below