1. Three children were washed away and many houses and
shops were damaged due to cloudburst in Batote and Kud
areas, two villagers feared dead in flooded nallah in Mahore
area of Reasi district while heavy rain blocked Batote-Doda-
Kishtwar and Jammu-Srinagar National Highway at several
2. Fifty major snow avalanches and 20 landslides have
occurred along 22 kilometers track of Shri Amarnath Ji
shrine between Chota Sheshnag to holy cave in South Kashmir
Himalayas but authorities have expressed confidence they
would be cleared well in time to start the annual pilgrimage
well on time on July 2.
3. State Cabinet will shortly take final call on fresh allotment
of Patnitop aerial ropeway project as only one company has
come forward to execute the project in response to the
Expression of Interest invited by the Patnitop Development
Authority after terminating contract with the Hyderabad-
based company in the month of December last year.
4. The State High Court while disposing of the petition of
alleged Handwara molestation case directed the Government
to free the family of victim girl along with their family from
5. Biennial elections to 57 Rajya Sabha seats, including the
one vacated by liquor baron Vijay Mallya, will be held on June
6. Six suspected terror operatives, alleged to have links with
ISIS, sent to judicial custody by a special court after NIA
submitted that they were not required for custodial
interrogation in the case.
7. Calling upon the country’s top scientists to play their role
in popularizing the subject of astronomy, Chief Minister,
Mehbooba Mufti says that she will wholeheartedly support any
endeavour which aims to inspire State’s young generation
towards a relatively alien field.
8. Judicial Magistrate Akhnoor, Jeewan Kumar granted eight
days police remand of the then SHO Khour Mohammad Iqbal
Chagattaa and female SPO Mamta Kumari, who were allegedly
involved in a rape case.
9. The State Government has decided to revisit the Jammu &
Kashmir Industrial Policy-2016 which was approved by the
State Administrative Council on March 15, 2016 during the
10. Dr Mushtaq Ahmad Siddiqi has been appointed as Vice-
Chancellor of Islamic University of Science and Technology
11. Reiterating importance of sustained Indo-Pak dialogue,
Jammu and Kashmir National Conference President and
former Chief Minister Dr Farooq Abdullah has said the
bitterness and hostilities of the past should not be allowed to
hover over future of generations as a dark shadow.
Bank Jobs, IBPS, All Banks Updates
Jammu & Kashmir News Check All Latest News from J&K
Government Jobs, Private Jobs - Check All Jobs Updates
Do you Need Website, Mobile App or Software check our Services Below