1. Union Law Minister, Sadananda Gowda has returned the
file pertaining to the appointment of Judges to the Jammu
and Kashmir High Court back to the State with some serious
2. State Cabinet has endorsed the proposed institutional
mechanism to provide banking facilities to traders for
conducting their business across the LoC.
3. In order to make it a potent tool against the scourge of
corruption, the Government has decided to carry out
amendments in the Jammu and Kashmir Public Service
Guarantee Act (PSGA) and its Rules during the Budget
Session scheduled to be held in summer capital of the State
4. State Cabinet has welcomed the resumption of Indo-Pak
talks and hailed the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi’s efforts
of reviving the peace process in the region.
5. The Government has appointed Prof Amitabh Mattoo,
former Vice Chancellor of the Jammu University as Advisor to
Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti. He will have the rank of
6. Chief Minister, Mehbooba Mufti has sought report from
Police on the audit report of Comptroller General of India on
misappropriation of Security Related Expenditure (SRE) of Rs
115.68 crore provided by the Government of India for
“Carriage of Constabulary and Hiring of Vehicles” to the
Jammu and Kashmir Police during Parliamentary and
Assembly Elections 2014.
7. A dozen “laser walls” have been made operational along
the India-Pakistan International Border in Punjab to plug
the porous riverine and treacherous terrain and keep an
effective vigil against intruders and terrorists exploiting the
frontier areas to cross over.
8. The State Vigilance Organization (SVO) has registered a
case against Dr Rakesh Khajuria, former Project Director
J&K AIDS Control Society for making illegal appointment.
9. All Jammu and Kashmir Patwar Association continued
protest dharna in front of the office of Deputy Commissioner
(DC) Jammu against the manhandling of Patwari Halqa
Salehar, Rakesh Kumar by MLA RS Pura Gagan Bhagat and
10. Indian women weightlifters finished in top-10 in their
respective weight categories at the Senior Asian
Championships to brighten the country’s chances of booking
Olympic quota places.
JKSSB Govt Jobs - Check Updates
Bank Jobs, IBPS, All Banks Updates
Jammu & Kashmir News Check All Latest News from J&K
Government Jobs, Private Jobs - Check All Jobs Updates
Do you Need Website, Mobile App or Software check our Services Below