1. Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti has that the State
Government would spend Rs 2000 crores for mini-hydel power
projects (all between 9 to 15 mw) to harness power potential
in Jammu and Kashmir.
2. Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti, who holds the charge of
Planning and Development Department, has directed the
District Development Board (DDB) chairpersons to hold the
Board meetings at the earliest to set in motion the process
for finalization of annual plan of the districts to initiate
developmental works there.
3. Congress President Sonia Gandhi continued to be the
target of BJP when its chief Amit Shah asked her to name
the beneficiaries of bribes in the Augusta Westand chopper
deal but the party hit back saying it was for the investigating
agencies to bring out the names.
4. The State High Court has made it clear that the stay of
proceedings by the Supreme Court doesn’t not mean that
food processing companies have license to manufacture and
process adulterated food.
5. Deputy Chief Minister Dr Nirmal Singh has directed the
officers to prepare an inventory of the land under the
possession and jurisdiction of Jammu Development Authority
within 15 days besides getting FIR registered against former
Vice-Chairman of the JDA, Mohd Aslam Qureshi, who is
accused of making illegal allotment of 295 plots and
commercial sites to favourites.
6. Government in Rajya Sabha has refused to budge from its
stance on levying one per cent excise duty on non-silver
jewellery saying luxury items cannot be kept out of tax ambit
for perpetuity, prompting a walk-out by members of the
Congress and SP.
7. Jammu and Kashmir will soon have an exclusive "Women
Business Centre" which would help boost women
entrepreneurship in the state.
8. Jammu and Kashmir Director General of Police K Rajendra
Kumar has asked police officers to maintain vigil in sensitive
border areas and to ensure coordination and communication
with other security agencies along Indo-Pak border.
9. Chief minister Mehbooba Mufti has ordered to fast track
the creation of additional infrastructure at the trading
points along the Line of Control so that the trade could be
shifted from barter to banking system.
10. Provincial President National Conference Devender Singh
Rana has expressed grave concern over attempts being made
to radicalise Kashmir society and to polarise situation in the
Jammu Province with a sinister design of weakening single
entity of the State.
Bank Jobs, IBPS, All Banks Updates
Jammu & Kashmir News Check All Latest News from J&K
Government Jobs, Private Jobs - Check All Jobs Updates
Do you Need Website, Mobile App or Software check our Services Below