J&K Media Bulletin on Novel Coronavirus COVID19 14 May
Government of Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir Media Bulletin on Novel Corona Virus (COVID-19)
1. In Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir. 12 new positive cases have been reported since our last update yesterday, 04 from Jammu Division and 08 from Kashmir Division. Moreover 19 more COVID-19 patients have recovered and discharged from various hospitals of Kashmir Division. (14 May. 2020: upto 6:30 PM).
2. Public in general is informed that smokers are at higher risk of COVID-19 infection . Stop Smoking now’;
• The act of smoking means that fingers (and possibly contaminated cigarettes) arc in contact with lips which increase the possibility of transmission of virus from hand to mouth.
• Smokers may also already have lung disease or reduced lung capacity which would greatly increase risk of serious illness.
• Smoking products such as water pipes often involve the sharing of mouth pieces and hoses, which could facilitate the transmission of COVID-19.
• Conditions that increase oxygen needs or reduce the ability of the body to use it properly will put patients at higher risk of serious lung conditions such as pneumonia.
3. The best way to protect yourself against COVID-19 is by maintaining physical distance of at least 2 metre from others and frequently cleaning your hands with an alcohol based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
4. Early detection of COVID-19 can prevent the spread of disease, let us be responsible for the well-being of ourselves and everyone around us. Not disclosing symptoms could put life of individuals and their families at risk. In ease of symptoms like fever, cough and difficulty in breathing report early. Do not fear, call COVID-19 helpline No.s and seek medical advice.
5. As a measure for social distancing in public places & workplaces wearing a face cover is compulsory.
6. Unless absolutely necessary don’t step out of home, stay indoors. If you have to move out for unavoidable reasons, ensure that you wear a mask and practice social distancing, personal hygiene and frequent hand washing with soap and water.
7. In case of any emergency people can avail free ambulance services 24×7 at their door steps by calling on toll free No. 108. Pregnant women and sick infants can avail free ambulance services by dialing toll free No. 102.
8. Toll free national helpline number 1075. J&K Covid-19 Helpline No.s 0191-2549676 (UT level Cell), 0191-2520982, 0191-2674444, 0191-2674115 (For Jammu Division), 0194-2440283 & 0194-2430581 (For Kashmir Division) for support, guidance, and response to health related queries on Novel Coronavirus Disease.
9. Public is advised to strictly follow the advisories issued by the Govt, from time to time.
10. People are urged to rely only on the information released by the government through the daily media bulletin to print & electronic media. People are advised to refrain from spreading rumours and pay no heed to them at the same time.
Media Bulletin below
JKSSB Govt Jobs - Check Updates
Bank Jobs, IBPS, All Banks Updates
Jammu & Kashmir News Check All Latest News from J&K
Government Jobs, Private Jobs - Check All Jobs Updates
Do you Need Website, Mobile App or Software check our Services Below