Coronavirus : Over 2157 persons put under surveillance in J&K
Government of Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir Media Bulletin on Novel Corona Virus (Covid-19)
1. On 14th March 2020, we had briefed you regarding the emerging situation due to spread of Novel Corona virus (Covid-19) disease that has been dcclured pandemic by World Health Organization.
2. In UT of J&K till date 2157 no. of travellers and persons in contact with suspected cases have been pul under surveillance, 1829 in Home Quarantine. 29 in Hospital Quarantine, 131 in Home surveillance, 168 completed their 28 days surveillance period. 101 samples have been sent for testing. 87 negative. 02 (Two) tested positive. 12 reports awaited (15 March. 2020; 3:00 PM).
3. Home quarantined persons and their family members arc requested to cooperate with the local surveillance teams / health authorities and strictly follow the guidelines for home quarantine issued by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare. Gol.
4. Medical masks should not be used by healthy persons who are not having any symptoms because it creates false sense of security that can lead to neglecting other essential measures such as washing of hands. In fact erroneous use of masks or continuous use of a disposable mask for longer than 6 hours or repeated use of same mask may actually increase risk of getting infection.
5. Public in general is again requested to lend its support in elTorts of the government to strengthen surveillance mechanism by making self declaration about their foreign travel history to local health authorities. Moreover all social, religious and political organizations are urged to avoid large gatherings.
6. While there is no need to panic, public is therefore advised to maintain social distancing, avoid un-necessary travel &. use of public transport: avoid crowded places and large gatherings, do not spit in public. People must take basic precautions for personal hygiene; frequent hand washing with soap & water; and observing coughing & sneezing etiquettes. If anyone has fever, cough and difficulty in breathing, seek medical care at the earliest.
7. People are urged to rely only on the information released by the government in this regard through the daily media bulletin to print & electronic media.
JKSSB Govt Jobs - Check Updates
Bank Jobs, IBPS, All Banks Updates
Jammu & Kashmir News Check All Latest News from J&K
Government Jobs, Private Jobs - Check All Jobs Updates
Do you Need Website, Mobile App or Software check our Services Below