1. Describing bridges as key component of rural
infrastructure, Chief Minister, Mehbooba Mufti, Friday
promised to break new ground in annihilating distances and
adding value to life of people living in remote and inaccessible
areas of the state.
2. Allaying fears amongst certain sections of society about
Jammu losing focus due to direct train services to holy Katra
town, Chief Minister, Mehbooba Mufti, Friday promised to
take effective steps in positioning the winter capital as an
independent tourist destination.
3. Jammu and Kashmir Youth Congress today hit out at BJP
for maintaining silence over the issue of police brutality on
students of NIT Srinagar and said it has exposed the “anti-
national” face of the party.
4. Pitching strongly for peace between India and Pakistan,
Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti on Friday urged both countries
to join hands against terrorism while asserting that funds
spent on animosity can instead be diverted towards ‘good
5. Four Women’s Police Stations recently created by the
Government would function from May 15, 2016. These police
stations would be set up at Anantnag, Baramulla, Rajouri
6. All top offices of the Jammu and Kashmir government
closed in Jammu on Friday to move to Srinagar, the summer
capital, for the next six months.
7. Provincial President National Conference Mr Devender
Singh Rana on Friday sought immediate review of the revised
Advertisement Policy of Jammu and Kashmir Government,
saying this is detrimental to the functioning of the fourth
estate and will affect the growth of the newspapers both
Local and National.
8. BJP and Congress today launched a privilege war in
Parliament as Amit Shah attacked Sonia Gandhi again asking
her to explain a “number of relaxations” given to tainted
chopper manufacturer AugustaWestland that he said
“compromised” nation’s interests.
9. Embattled tycoon Vijay Mallya has said he is in a “forced
exile” and disclosed no immediate plans to return to India
where things are flying at him “fast and furious”.
10. Rallying for the third straight day, gold climbed by Rs 350
to trade above the Rs 30,000-mark at Rs 30,250 per 10
grams, its highest level in almost two years at the bullion
market on Friday, largely in tandem with firming trend
JKSSB Govt Jobs - Check Updates
Bank Jobs, IBPS, All Banks Updates
Jammu & Kashmir News Check All Latest News from J&K
Government Jobs, Private Jobs - Check All Jobs Updates
Do you Need Website, Mobile App or Software check our Services Below