1. Clashes erupted in Baba Ghulam Shah Badshah University
in Rajouri today as two groups of students clashed, attacking
each other with stones and setting on fire four vehicles.
2. The counsel for the girl, who is at the centre of the
Handwara molestation storm, today claimed that her
statement before the Chief Judicial Magistrate was not made
“voluntarily” and that she had been pressurized to testify in
a manner directed by the police.
3. Handwara, the epicentre of ongoing unrest in Kashmir,
and its adjoining areas continued to witness trouble today,
prompting re-imposition of curfew-like restrictions after a
three-hour relaxation even though mobile internet services
were restored after four-day suspension.
4. Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti today promised severe
punishment to those found guilty in Handwara and Kupwara
incidents even as she appealed to the youths to help restore
peace, saying it was a prerequisite for development in the
5. The Niti Aayog today advocated for reforms in land
leasing laws so that the operational land holding could be
consolidated to raise the level of prosperity of over 49 per
cent of India’s workforce that is still dependent on
6. Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti today exhorted scientists in
the state to work for the country by sharing their knowledge
with farmers and taking technology from “lab to land”.
7. A spurt in infiltration across the LoC in Jammu and
Kashmir has set alarm bells ringing in the Home Ministry,
which has directed security forces for effective vigil in border
8. Markets closed on a positive note for the fourth day as the
Sensex rallied nearly 190 points to end at over three-and-a-
half month high of 25,816 as investors cheered Infosys’
upbeat revenue forecast.
9. Government today told the Supreme Court that Kohinoor
diamond was neither “forcibly taken” nor “stolen” by British
rulers but given to the East India Company by the rulers of
10. External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj today did some
tough talking with her Chinese counterpart Wang Yi on China
blocking India’s bid to get JeM chief Masood Azhar banned by
the UN and asked Beijing to “review” its position.
11. Dipa Karmakar today created history by becoming the
first Indian woman gymnast to qualify for Olympics as she
booked a berth for the Rio Games after a strong
performance at the final qualifying test event.
JKSSB Govt Jobs - Check Updates
Bank Jobs, IBPS, All Banks Updates
Jammu & Kashmir News Check All Latest News from J&K
Government Jobs, Private Jobs - Check All Jobs Updates
Do you Need Website, Mobile App or Software check our Services Below