J&K Covid19 official update 16 May 2020
Government of Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir
Media Bulletin on Novel Corona Virus (COVID-19) Date: 16/05/2020
1. In Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir, 108 new positive cases have been reported since our last update yesterday, 22 from Jammu Division and 86 from Kashmir Division. Moreover 29 more COVID-19 patients have recovered and discharged from various hospitals 03 from Jammu Division and 26 from Kashmir Division. Also 01 death has been reported from SKIMS, Soura whose sample tested positive for COVID-19 (16 May, 2020; upto 7:00 PM).
2. Public in general is informed that, people can catch COVID-19 from others who have the virus;
• The disease spreads primarily from person to person through small droplets from the nose or mouth, which are expelled when a person with COVID-19 coughs, sneezes, or speaks.
• People can catch COVID-19 if they breathe in these droplets from a person infected with the virus. This is why it is important to stay at least 2 meter away from others.
• These droplets can land on objects and surfaces around the person such as tables, door knobs, hand rails etc. People can become infected by touching these objects or surfaces, then touching their eyes, nose or mouth. This is why it is important to wash your hands regularly with soap and water or clean with alcohol-based hand rub.
3. Early detection of COVID-19 can prevent the spread of disease, let us be responsible for the well-being of ourselves and everyone around us. Not disclosing symptoms could put life of individuals and their families at risk. In case of symptoms like fever, cough and difficulty in breathing report early. Do not fear, call COVID-19 helpline No.s and seek medical advice.
4. As a measure for social distancing in public places & workplaces wearing a face cover is compulsory.
5. Unless absolutely necessary don’t step out of home, stay indoors. If you have to move out for unavoidable reasons, ensure that you wear a mask and practice social distancing, personal hygiene and frequent hand washing with soap and water.
6. In case of any emergency people can avail free ambulance services 24×7 at their door steps by calling on toll free No. 108. Pregnant women and sick infants can avail free ambulance services by dialing toll free No. 102
JKSSB Govt Jobs - Check Updates
Bank Jobs, IBPS, All Banks Updates
Jammu & Kashmir News Check All Latest News from J&K
Government Jobs, Private Jobs - Check All Jobs Updates
Do you Need Website, Mobile App or Software check our Services Below