17th September 2023 Daily Current Affairs
1. India beats Sri Lanka by 10 Wickets in Colombo to win Asia Cup 2023 title
- The Indian cricket team bagged Asia Cup 2023 in Colombo by defeating Sri Lanka.
- India’s Mohammed Siraj brought Sri Lanka down to their knees with a six-wicket haul.
- He was followed by Hardik Pandya who took three wickets, along with one wicket by Jasprit Bumrah.
- Mohammed Siraj was declared player of the match and Kuldeep Yadav player of the series.
- Ishan Kishan at 23 and Shubman Gill at 27 remained unbeaten.
2. Gov to offer 8 percent subsidy for loans under Vishwakarma Yojana
- The government will offer up to 8 percent subsidy for loans given to artisans under the PM Vishwakarma scheme launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Aim: To support the artisans and craftspeople of rural and urban areas across the country financially and also to keep the age-old tradition, culture and diverse heritage alive and flourishing through local products.
- Objective: To ensure that they are integrated with the domestic and global value chains.
3. World Patient Safety Day is observed on 17th September
- World Patient Safety Day is celebrated on 17th September
- Objective: To increase public awareness and engagement, enhance global understanding, and work towards global solidarity and action by Member States to enhance patient safety and reduce patient harm.
- The theme of World Patient Safety Day 2023 is “Engaging patients for patient safety”, in recognition of the crucial role patients, families, and caregivers play in the safety of health care.
Summits & Conferences
4. G20 Framework Working Group’s final meeting to begin in Raipur
- The fourth and final meeting of the G20 Framework Working Group, FWG under the Indian G20 Presidency began in Raipur.
- Aim: To facilitate discussions on the latest global economic outlook and policy guidance on key macroeconomic issues.
- The RBI will host a series of Jan Bhagidari events, including panel discussions on digital banking and financial inclusion, financial literacy programs, a G20 awareness program, a painting contest, and a slogan-writing contest.
National & International Appointments
5. Former SBI Chief Rajnish Kumar appointed Chairman of Mastercard India
- Mastercard India appointed the former SBI head Rajnish Kumar as its non-executive chairman.
- He will guide Mastercard’s South Asia executive leadership team led by Gautam Aggarwal, in navigating the vibrant domestic payments landscape.
- The veteran banker has nearly four decades of experience in India’s largest bank.
- He held various leadership roles in the bank managing critical operations across India, the UK and Canada.
6. Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurates PM Viswakarma scheme in Guwahati
- Union Minister Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated the PM Viswakarma scheme in Guwahati.
- This scheme would help the traditional artisans of the countryand also help in preserving our age-old culture and heritage through art and craft.
- He also highlighted the great experience of visiting the exhibition showcased on the occasion and interacting with the artisans and craftsmen.
- During training times Rs.500 per day allowance will be provided to the Viswakarma friends.
Summits & Conferences
7. India hosts inaugural UNCITRAL South Asia Conference
- India hosted the inaugural United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) South Asia conference from 14 to 16 September.
- Aim: To further India’s engagement with UNCITRAL and encourage interaction between UNCITRAL, judiciary, bureaucracy, academia, and the legal fraternity.
- It is described as “the principal legal entity within the United Nations system dedicated to international trade law.
Honours & Awards
8. Jagdeep Dhankhar conferred Sangeet Natak Akademi Amrit Awards
- Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar conferred the Sangeet Natak Akademi Amrit Awards 2023 to 84 performing artists in New Delhi.
- The special achievement awards were given to artists above the age of 75 from all over India who have not been bestowed any national honour yet.
- The honour carries purse money of one lakh rupees along with Tamrapatra and Angavastra.
- It is a national honour bestowed on performing artists as well as teachers and scholars in the field of arts.
9. CMAI launches Curtain Raiser for India’s largest apparel show
- The Clothing Manufacturers Association of India (CMAI) has taken a significant leap onto the global stage by introducing the “Brands of India” initiative in Dubai.
- Aim: To establish a new trade corridor encompassing shipping and railways across the Middle East, ensuring trade route stability and resilience for the future.
- It is a collaborative effort with several countries including the UAE, Saudi Arabia, the US, Germany, France, Italy, and the EU.
10. Mircea Snegur, first president of Moldova, dies at 83
- Moldova’s first president, Mircea Snegur, passed away at the age of 83, former Moldovan vice-premier Constantin Tampiza said on Thursday.
- He was a former communist, was president from 1990 to 1997, overseeing Moldova’s breakaway from the Soviet Union and transition to independence.
- In August 1989, he was chairman of the Presidium of the Soviet Moldova Supreme Council, Snegur initiated the move making Romanian the official state language.
Install "Sarkari Naukri, Pvt Jobs, Trusted & Breaking News App" Highest Installs in J&K - Click me to Install
Install JKUpdates App for Android and Iphone
JKSSB Govt Jobs - Check Updates
Bank Jobs, IBPS, All Banks Updates
Jammu & Kashmir News Check All Latest News from J&K
Government Jobs, Private Jobs - Check All Jobs Updates