18th September 2023 Daily Current Affair
1. West Bengal’s Shantiniketan makes it to UNESCO World Heritage list
- Santiniketan has been included in the UNESCO World Heritage list.
- Santiniketan becomes the 41st UNESCO World Heritage Site in India and the third in West Bengal, after the Sundarbans National Park and the Darjeeling Mountain Railways.
- The decision to include Santiniketan in the list was taken during the 45th session of the World Heritage Committee in Saudi Arabia.
- Established in 1901 by Maharshi Debendranath Tagore, located in Birbhum district of West Bengal.
Banking & Finance
2. Yes Bank partners Juspay to offer merchant in-app UPI payments
- Juspay, India’s leading payments company, has partnered with Yes Bank to launch Hyper UPI, NPCI’s plug-in SDK that enables in-app UPI payments in merchant apps.
- Merchants can now offer simple “1-click UPI experiences” in their Android and iOS apps without having to become an official UPI app.
- Customers will no longer need to depend on another app to make UPI transactions as these payments can now be made on the merchant’s app.
3. World Bamboo Day is observed on 18th September
- World Bamboo Day is observed annually on 18th September 2023.
- Aim: To raise awareness about the importance of bamboo but also promote its role in sustainable development, poverty alleviation, environmental conservation and cultural preservation.
- Bamboo is a type of grass that grows rapidly and is known for its strength, flexibility and eco-friendliness and to celebrate the many uses and benefits of this versatile and sustainable resource.
4. Neeraj Chopra scored second in men’s event at Diamond League Final 2023
- Indian javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra finished second in the men’s event at the Diamond League Final 2023 in USA.
- The Indian’s best throw of 83.80 meter came in his second attempt.
- However, Czech Republic’s Jakub Vadlejch, won his third title with a best throw of 84.24 meter.
- Oliver Helander of Finland scored third position while Andrian Mardare of Moldovan scored fourth position and Curtis Thompson of USA scored fifth position in this event.
Banking & Finance
5. IndusInd Bank launches ‘Virtual Commercial Credit Card’
- IndusInd Bank launched of the ‘Virtual Commercial Card’ to redefine cross-border transactions for corporates and travel agents.
- In a tie-up with Visa, this has additional layers of security that grant the users control over their international expenses, making it a safe and hassle-free experience for the customers
- Users can generate virtual cards in foreign-denominated currencies as well, safeguarding the parent card number, ensuring utmost security for transactions.
6. Ferrari’s Carlos Sainz wins F1 Singapore Grand Prix to end Red Bull’s run
- Ferrari’s Carlos Sainz won the Singapore Grand Prix 2023 to end Formula 1 leader Max Verstappen’s record run of 10 wins in a row and shatter Red Bull’s dream of going through the season unbeaten.
- McLaren’s Lando Norris finished a close second and Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton took third place as Red Bull ended up off the podium for the first time since last November’s Brazilian Grand Prix.
- Double world champion Verstappen started 11th and finished fifth, with teammate
Banking & Finance
7. Indian Bank unveils ‘IB SAATHI’ to enhance banking services
- Public sector Indian Bank announced the rollout of the ‘IB SAATHI’ initiative aimed at providing an integrated ecosystem for all stakeholders in the financial sector through the business correspondent route.
- SAATHI Stands for Sustainable Access and Aligning Technology for Holistic Inclusion.
- Objective: To offer an enhanced user experience through the simplified delivery of services, encompassing both basic and value-added offerings to customers.
8. Dharmendra Pradhan, Om Birla launch ‘Skills on Wheels’ initiative
- Union Minister for Education Dharmendra Pradhan with Lok sabha speaker Om Birla launched the ‘Skills on Wheels’ initiative with NSDC and IndusInd Bank.
- Aim: To generate awareness around the government’s skill development mission, opportunities and support system available for youths.
- Objective: To promote digital literacy and digital skills in which India is developing global competency this scheme with the help of NSDC has been launched.
Honours & Awards
9. Rahul Mishra awarded Chevalier de l’Ordre des Arts et des Lettres
- Rahul Mishra received the French government’s Chevalier de l’Ordre des Arts et des Lettres honor 2023.
- This award was previously won by his compatriots Ritu Kumar, Ritu Beri, and Wendell Rodricks
- His works that highlight the highest standards and craft of local artisans in India have been shown at prestigious fashion weeks in Paris, Milan, and Mumbai.
10. Haryana CM Khattar launches new e-Bhoomi portal
- Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar launched a new e-Bhoomi portal that promises to further ease the process of purchasing land for the development of government projects with the consent of landowners.
- Objective: To extend benefits to landowners whose names are recorded in the revenue estate of villages Kasan, Kukrola and Sahrawan in Manesar tehsil of Gurugram district
- Farmers can offer their land independently or through listed aggregators.
Install "Sarkari Naukri, Pvt Jobs, Trusted & Breaking News App" Highest Installs in J&K - Click me to Install
Install JKUpdates App for Android and Iphone
JKSSB Govt Jobs - Check Updates
Bank Jobs, IBPS, All Banks Updates
Jammu & Kashmir News Check All Latest News from J&K
Government Jobs, Private Jobs - Check All Jobs Updates