28th August 2023 Daily Current Affairs
1. Finance Minister Launched HSBC India’s Green Hydrogen Partnerships
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in partnership with the IIT Bombay, and Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation launched HSBC India’s strategic partnerships to enable innovation in green hydrogen
- Aim: To provide a roadmap towards reducing carbon intensity in the economy and enable the creation of green job opportunities.
- Green hydrogen has a pivotal role to play as we counter climate change and work towards enabling a low-carbon and self-reliant economy
2. Max Verstappen wins at home Dutch F1 Grand Prix 2023
- Max Verstappen of the team Red Bull has won the Dutch Grand Prix 2023 for the third consecutive year, once again prevailing at his home race held at Circuit Zandvoort in the Netherlands.
- With the dominant win, Verstappen has now matched Sebastian Vettel’s all-time record of nine F1 victories in a row.
- The second position was secured by Fernando ALONSO of the team Aston Martin and third position was secured by Pierre GASLY of the team Alpine
3. National Sports Day is observed on 29th August 2023
- The National Sports Day in India is celebrated on 29 August every year. It is celebrated to commemorate the birth anniversary of hockey legend Major Dhyan Chand Singh.
- The day also serves as a reminder for all of us to recall the contributions, determination and extraordinary achievements of the athletes and their influence in shaping societies.
- The theme for this year’s National Sports Day celebration is “Sports are an enabler to an inclusive and fit society”.
4. Kerala across the globe celebrating “Thiruonam” the auspicious day of Onam
- Keralalites across the globe are celebrating “Thiruonam” on the 10th and the most auspicious day of Onam, the biggest cultural festival of the State.
- Onam, the harvest festival of Kerala, symbolises prosperity, secularism,and harmony.
- Keralites celebrate the festival welcoming the visit of the righteous and mythical king Mahabali,in the memory of good old days.
- Thiruonam is being celebrated in all its cultural and traditional glory instilling the minds with hope.
Banking & Finance
5. LIC Partners with Saraswat Cooperative Bank to Increase the life Insurance
- Life Insurance Corporation of India has recently tied up with Saraswat Cooperative Bank Ltd in its effort to increase the penetration of life insurance through Bancassurance channel in Mumbai.
- Saraswat Cooperative Bank is the India’s largest Urban Cooperative Bank.
- Citizens in general and customers of Saraswat Bank, in particular, will now have the opportunity to fulfill their life insurance protection needs through the Bank itself by purchasing insurance products LIC.
Banking & Finance
6. Yes bank teams up with fintech Zaggle for next-gen corporate credit card
- Yes Bank launched a co-branded Corporate Credit Card in collaboration with the spend management platform Zaggle to provide businesses with direct control over company expenditures.
- Objective: To empower businesses to reimagine their payment processes, streamline reconciliation, and efficiently manage company expenditures.
- This includes the ability to set individual spending limits, apply merchant category restrictions, and implement diverse controls.
7. MP announced Ladli Behna Yojana aid hike, 35% job reservation for women
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan raised the financial aid given to women in the Ladli Behna scheme from Rs 1,000 to Rs 1,250 per month
- He also announced 35 percent reservation for them in government jobs and provided gas cylinders for Rs 450.
- Under the programme, women between the ages of 23 and 60, who do not pay income taxes and whose families make less than Rs 2.5 lakh annually, receive Rs 1,000 every month.
Banking & Finance
8. DBS partners with Maptrasco to complete the first eBL transaction
- Development Bank of Singapore (DBS) partnered with commodities trader Maptrasco, announced the completion of the first “live” transaction of electronic Bills of Lading for shipments between Singapore and India
- Aim: To enable the digital trade finance of live shipments of goods between the two countries.
- Transaction was implemented under the TradeTrust framework, an initiative by the Infocomm Media Development Authority and supported by Enterprise Singapore.
9. Parul breaks national record at World Athletics Championships
- Indian athlete Parul Chaudhary finished in the eleventh position in the 3000 meters steeplechase final of the World Athletics Championships 2023 in Budapest Hungary.
- She broke the national record in the World Athletics Championships and qualified for the Paris Olympics 2024.
- Brunei athlete Winfred Mutile Yavi clinched the gold medal, Kenya’s Beatrice Chepkoech won silver and another Kenya athlete Faith Cherotich achieved winning bronze.
10. Famous Poet-writer Jayanta Mahapatra passed away
- Eminent littérateur and poet Jayanta Mahapatra passed away at the age of 95.
- He was the first Indian poet to win a Sahitya Akademi award for English poetry.
- He was also conferred with the Padma Shri award in 2009. However, he returned it in 2015 to protest against “rising intolerance in India”.
- He is best known for authoring poems such as “Indian Summer” and “Hunger”, regarded as classics in modern Indian English literature.
11. CM Stalin launched expansion of breakfast scheme for Tamil Nadu govt school
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M K Stalin launched the expansion of the state government’s breakfast scheme at Thirukkuvalai.
- The scheme has been extended to 31,000 government schools across the state benefitting 17 lakh students.
- Initially, the scheme was devised to provide nutritious breakfast to 1,14,095 students of classes 1 to 5 studying in 1,545 government schools and an amount of Rs 33.56 crore was allocated for this scheme.
12. Maharashtra signs MoU with Germany’s professional association football
- The Maharashtra Government has signed an MoU with Germany’s professional association football league, ‘Bundesliga’, to build a football team for players under the age of 14.
- Aim: To help young footballers to develop their skills and potentially compete at a high level.
- The Bundesliga is Germany’s premier professional football league.
- It is one of the leading football leagues in Europe and the best football players and teams belong to the league.
13.Kunlavut and An Se-young make history at Badminton World Championships
- Thailand’s Kunlavut Vitidsarn became the first Thai to win the men’s singles title at the World Championships 2023 and became the badminton world champion after a victory over Japan’s Kodai Naraoka in Copenhagen.
- Earlier, world No. 1 An Se-young also became the first South Korean to win the women’s singles gold at the World Championships 2023 after defeating Carolina Marin.
- She had knocked out Tokyo 2020 gold medallist Chen Yufei in straight games in the semi-finals
Install "Sarkari Naukri, Pvt Jobs, Trusted & Breaking News App" Highest Installs in J&K - Click me to Install
Install JKUpdates App for Android and Iphone
JKSSB Govt Jobs - Check Updates
Bank Jobs, IBPS, All Banks Updates
Jammu & Kashmir News Check All Latest News from J&K
Government Jobs, Private Jobs - Check All Jobs Updates