3rd November 2023 Daily Current Affairs
Honours & Awards
1. India-Born Author Nandini Das Wins 2023 British Academy Book Prize
- India-born author Nandini Das has been named the winner of the 2023 British Academy Book Prize for Global Cultural Understanding, a leading international non-fiction prize, for her book ‘Courting India: England, Mughal India and the Origins of Empire’.
- The winning book is her debut and has been described by critics as the “true origin story of Britain and India told through England’s first diplomatic mission to the Mughal courts”.
2. India And UAE Sign MoU To Strengthen Educational Ties
- UM of Education Dharmendra and UAE Ahmad Al Falasi signed an MoU to strengthen existing educational cooperation between the two countries.
- Aim: To facilitate student and faculty mobility, joint research programmes, and educational exhibitions in areas of mutual interest held in both countries.
- UAE being a global economic hotspot and India being a global talent hotspot, both sides should work together to build a knowledge bridge to cement our civilisational connect.
National & International Organizations
3. Mumbai Ranks Fourth In Global Housing Price Rise
- According to Knight Frank’s Prime Global Cities Index 2023 Mumbai recorded the fourth highest year-on-year growth in prime residential prices among global cities.
- The 6.5 percent increase in prime residential prices has moved the city up by 18 places from 22nd rank in September 2022.
- New Delhi and Bengaluru too recorded an upward movement in their index rankings.
- NCR moved from 36th rank a year ago to 10th in September 2023 with a growth of 4.1 per cent YoY.
4. Shami becomes India’s leading wicket taker in World Cup history
- Mohammed Shami created history with his match-winning five-wicket haul against Sri Lanka at the ODI World Cup.
- Overtaking bowling icons Zaheer Khan and Javagal Srinath, pace ace Shami became the leading wicket-taker for India at the ODI World Cup.
- He surpassed Javagal Srinath and Zaheer Khan’s joint record, both of who have 44 wickets to their names.
- He has taken 14 wickets so far in just three matches in world cup 2023.
5. World Jellyfish Day is observed on 3rd November 2023
- World Jellyfish Day is celebrated on November 3rd to raise awareness about jellyfish and their importance in the marine ecosystem
- They are often misunderstood and feared, but they play a vital role in the food chain and help to keep the ocean healthy
- They are gelatinous creatures that come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and color can be found in all of the world’s oceans, from the surface to the deep sea. Some jellyfish are harmless and some can have venomous stings.
Honours & Awards
6. Writer T. Padmanabhan Receives Prestigious Kerala Jyothi Award
- Eminent writer T. Padmanabhan has been chosen for the Kerala Jyothi Award 2023 instituted by the Kerala government.
- He was selected for the highest civilian honour by the government considering his contributions in the field of Malayalam literature.
- The State also announced other ‘Kerala Puraskarngals’, the highest award given by the government to distinguished personalities who have made outstanding contributions in various spheres of social life.
Install "Sarkari Naukri, Pvt Jobs, Trusted & Breaking News App" Highest Installs in J&K - Click me to Install
Install JKUpdates App for Android and Iphone
JKSSB Govt Jobs - Check Updates
Bank Jobs, IBPS, All Banks Updates
Jammu & Kashmir News Check All Latest News from J&K
Government Jobs, Private Jobs - Check All Jobs Updates