28th July 2023 Daily Current Affairs
Science & Technology
1. ETS launches TOEFL Go app to facilitate test takers
- The Educational Testing Service (ETS) has launched an application for test takers to prepare for the new and shorter version of the exam.
- ETS conducts the English testing exam— Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- The app— TOEFL Go, includes complete TOEFL iBT mock tests, additional practice sets for all four sections, artificial intelligence (AI) powered automated scoring, performance feedback for sections, personalized feedback.
Banking & Finance
2. HDFC Bank partners Dvara KGFS for micro loans
- Dvara KGFS has entered into a co-lending partnership with HDFC Bank to provide business capital to micro business units operating primarily in rural areas and the unorganized sector across 10 States.
- Dvara KGFS unveiled the enterprise loans vertical in 2020 with focus on three primary value chains – grocery, dairy and agriculture
- This engagement will enhance our capabilities in empowering micro businesses operating in rural areas.
3.CRPF celeberated 85th Raising Dayon 27 July 2023
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), India’s largest Central Armed Police Force, is observing its ‘84th Raising Day’ on 27 July 2023
- CRPF is organizing its Raising Day Parade for the first time in Chhattisgarh’s Bastar, the epicenter of Left Wing Extremism, and it is a matter of pride for the entire nation.
- The day celebrates the immense and unparalleled contribution of the force in upholding the unity, integrity, and sovereignty of the nation.
Science & Technology
4. PM inaugurated Gujarat’s first Greenfield Airport
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi would inaugurate Gujarat’s first greenfield airport, situated in Hirasar village near Rajkot city in july 2023.
- Aim: To reduce the time and cost related to logistics for multiple industries in the region.
- The Rajkot International Airport has been included under PM Gati Shakti Project.
- During this event, he will dedicate packages 8 and 9 of the Saurashtra Narmada Avtaran Irrigation (SAUNI) Yojana.
Honours & Awards
5. Heritage Byculla Railway station received the UNESCO award 2023
- The Byculla Railway station, a heritage site on the Central line of the Mumbai Suburban Railway, was awarded by UNESCO after its successful restoration to its original glory in July 2023.
- The project, launched in July 2019 by Shaina NC, Trustee of ‘I Love Mumbai’ and in memory of her father Nana Chudasama, aimed to revive the station’s original architectural splendor.
- Minister for Railways, Ashwini Vaishnav congratulated Central Railway.
Summits & Conferences
6. Summit on “Global Chemicals and Petrochemicals Manufacturing Hubs 2023
- The Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers organized the 3rd edition of the Summit on “Global Chemicals and Petrochemicals Manufacturing Hubs in India” (GCPMH 2023) in New Delhi.
- Minister of Finance Nirmala Sitaraman will inaugurate the two days Summit on Chemicals and Petrochemicals Manufacturing Hubs 2023
- Aim: To develop possible strategies and address the challenges that will shape the Chemicals and Petrochemicals Industry in India and across the world.
7. ‘India AI’ and Meta, signed MoU to foster advancements in AI
- Abhishek Singh, CEO of India AI, and Shivnath Thukral, Director & Head of Public Policy, Meta have signed an MoU in India.
- Objective: To establish a framework for collaboration and cooperation between ‘India AI’ and Meta in the field of Artificial Intelligence & Emerging Technologies.
- ‘India AI’ and Meta share a common goal of raising awareness about AI’s potential benefits and risks among various stakeholders, including policymakers, businesses and civil society
Banking & Finance
8. RBI permits banks to open vostro accounts from 22 countries
- The Reserve Bank has permitted 20 banks operating in the country to open 92 Special Rupee Vostro Accounts (SRVAs) of partner banks from 22 countries like Bangladesh, Belarus, Botswana, Fiji, Germany, Guyana and Israel, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Malaysia, Maldives.
- Aim: To promote bilateral trade in local currencies.
- Minister of State for Commerce and Industry Som Parkash informed that an MoU has been signed between the RBI and the Central Bank of UAE in July 2023
Banking & Finance
9. HDFC Bank overtakes SBI in CRISIL’s corporate banking ranking for 2023
- India’s largest private lender HDFC Bank has overtaken State Bank of India (SBI) to earn top spot on the list of 2023 CRISIL’s Greenwich market share Leaders in Large Corporate Banking.
- According to Coalition Greenwich many of the gains for large private sector and foreign banks came at the expense of the smaller banks.
- Indian companies are joining forces with the country’s largest banks to help fuel their drive to become bigger, more international and more efficient.
10. MRPL becomes largest single-location PSU refinery in India
- The Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Limited (MRPL), a mini-Ratna CPSE PSU refinery based in coastal Karnataka has become the single largest PSU refinery in the country for the year 2022-23.
- It processed 17.14 million metric tonnes of crude oil during the past financial year.
- It processes 10 per cent of the total crude oil refined by the PSU petroleum refineries in the country.
- MRPL can process more than 250 different types of crude from around the world.
11. Federal Bank launches NR savings accounts for NRI women
- Federal Bank announced the introduction of a unique NR savings account plan designed exclusively for Non-Resident Indian (NRI) women in July 2023
- This scheme, known as NRE Eve+, has been designed to meet the specific financial needs of NRI women by
- Objective: To provide a variety of advantages that are geared at enhancing their financial journeys.
- With NRE Eve+, account customers get free access to domestic and international airport lounges.
12. Amit Shah launches virtual platform, part of ‘Mera Gaon Meri Dharohar’ proj
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah launches a virtual platform, part of the unique initiative of ‘Mera Gaon Meri Dharohar’ under the ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ at Qutub Minar in New Delhi
- MGMD, a pan-India project under the National Mission on Cultural Mapping in coordination with the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA)
- The main objective of the project is to culturally map India’s 6.5 lakh villages on a comprehensive virtual platform
Banking & Finance
13. Bandhan Financial Holdings set to acquire Aegon Life Insurance
- Bandhan Financial Holdings Limited has finalized a definitive agreement with Aegon India Holding and Bennett, Coleman & Company Limited to acquire the complete shareholding of the two entities in Aegon Life Insurance Company Limited
- Upon completion, this strategic move will not only expand Bandhan Financial Holdings’ presence in the banking and mutual fund sectors but also mark its entry into the country’s life insurance sector, according to the company’s statement
Install "Sarkari Naukri, Pvt Jobs, Trusted & Breaking News App" Highest Installs in J&K - Click me to Install
Install JKUpdates App for Android and Iphone
JKSSB Govt Jobs - Check Updates
Bank Jobs, IBPS, All Banks Updates
Jammu & Kashmir News Check All Latest News from J&K
Government Jobs, Private Jobs - Check All Jobs Updates