1. Amidst fresh wave of violence in Kashmir, Army chief Gen
Dalbir Singh Suhag on Sunday held a high level review of
security scenario at Northern Command Headquarters in
Udhampur in which he called for strictly dealing with
militants and anti-national elements and sticking to liaison
with para-military forces as far as law and order situation is
concerned to ensure that innocent civilians were not killed
and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) is strictly adhered
2. Life in most parts of Kashmir returned to normal after
remaining paralysed for five days due to strikes, protests
and restrictions but the curfew like restrictions continued in
Handwara and Kupwara towns where five persons have been
killed since last week.
3. Former Jammu and Kashmir Chief minister Farooq
Abdullah has cautioned against division of society on the
basis of religion, saying those doing it under the garb of
“ultra-nationalism” were actually doing disservice to the
4. Kashmir valley was lashed by heavy rains on Sunday with
weatherman forecasting freak weather to continue for next
36 hours due to Western Disturbances over J&K.
5. Militants this last evening shot at and critically injured a
shopkeeper in South Kashmir’s Shopian district.
6. The Jammu and Kashmir Pradesh Congress Committee
president Ghulam Ahmed Mir has said that the return and
rehabilitation of Kashmiri migrants with dignity, was an
unfinished task as Kashmir remained incomplete without
Kashmiri Pandit community.
7. Acting tough against gang fights, police foiled a murder
plan by arresting four gangsters along with three country
made pistols, live cartridges and sharp-edged weapons from
Nanak Nagar area, falling under the jurisdiction of Trikuta
Nagar police station.
8. An official of the Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution
(CAPD) department has been arrested and over 1000 bags of
government ration that he had sold to two private shops
seized in the Bhatyas area of the Doda district.
JKSSB Govt Jobs - Check Updates
Bank Jobs, IBPS, All Banks Updates
Jammu & Kashmir News Check All Latest News from J&K
Government Jobs, Private Jobs - Check All Jobs Updates
Do you Need Website, Mobile App or Software check our Services Below