1. Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti has said that young
entrepreneurs are the ideal role models for the state’s
Generation Next and lauded their achievement of translating
imaginative ideas into real success stories against all odds,
especially during the years of turbulence.
2. The Group of Ministers (GoM) on implementation of
‘Agenda of Alliance’ (AoA) of PDP-BJP coalition Government
Tuesday took a series of initiatives to expedite
implementation of the ‘Agenda’ reached out between top
brass of the two parties last year before formation of their
first-ever Government in the State which included
constitution of three Committees to monitor, liaison and act
as nodal agencies between various Ministries and bureaucrats.
3. Accusing BJP and RSS of trying to “erode” Article 370, CPI
(M) has warned of “serious repercussions” if any attempt
was made to further weaken the provision which was already
reduced to a “mere caricature”.
4. Governor N N Vohra has stressed for timely completion of
black topping of Srinagar-Sonamarg road in view of ensuing
annual Amarnath yatra which is scheduled to commence on
5. An all-women police station starts functioning in
Anantnag district of Kashmir with a 24-hour helpline
6. Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board (SMVDSB) has
undertaken a project to check landslides at 33 sites on the
Trikuta Mountains, enroute to the holy cave shrine to prevent
the loss of human lives.
7. India has reacted strongly to Pakistan seeking UN
intervention on the Indian draft bill on map, saying it was an
“entirely internal legislative matter” and Pakistan or any
other party has no locus standi on it.
8. Voluntary Health Association of India (VHAI) has pitched
for a blanket ban on tobacco products in Jammu and Kashmir
and sought cooperation from the society and the government
in this endeavor.
9. HRD Minister Smriti Irani has said the results of CBSE
Board exams for class X and XII will be declared “on time”
before the end of this month and, as per a decision taken
earlier, State Boards are also expected to declare their
results by May 31.
10. The High Court has directed the Government to frame
policy for reservation of 25 percent admissions for students
of underprivileged class in private schools under Right to
11. The State High Court has sought compliance from the
Government regarding providing of financial assistance to
the poor and destitute girls already identified by the Social
12. Confusion and mismanagement of the Board of
Professional Entrance Examination (BOPEE) in conducting
Combined Entrance Test (CET) – 2016, keep on subjecting the
aspirant candidates to suffer again and again.
13. Interpol has issued a fresh Red Corner Notice (RCN)
against chief of banned Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) terror
outfit Maulana Masood Azhar and his brother Abdul Rauf in
connection with the attack on IAF base in Pathankot.
14. Following major fire in the ridge adjoining Banganga, the
landing base of helicopters at Katra helipad shifted to SMVD
University, Kakryal even as the ongoing pilgrimage to Mata
Vaishno Devi remained uninterrupted.
JKSSB Govt Jobs - Check Updates
Bank Jobs, IBPS, All Banks Updates
Jammu & Kashmir News Check All Latest News from J&K
Government Jobs, Private Jobs - Check All Jobs Updates
Do you Need Website, Mobile App or Software check our Services Below