6th December 2023 Daily Current Affairs
1. Maharashtra govt declares Mahaparinirvan Din a public holiday in Mumbai
- Maharashtra govt declares ‘Mahaparinirvan Din’ a public holiday in Mumbai.
- Mahaparinirvan Diwas pays tribute to Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar on his death anniversary.
- This day has been declared as a public holiday in Mumbai and its suburbs as per official notification which states that government and non-government institutions will remain closed on account of Mahaparinirvan Diwas.
2. Mr Universe 1996 bodybuilder Shaun Davis passes at 57 years
- Former Mr Universe bodybuilder Shaun Davis has died at the age of 57.
- In his bodybuilding career, he won a string of titles including Mr Britain and Mr Europe before being named Mr Universe in 1996.
- Mr. Davis hailed from Derbyshire(England) weighed a whopping 334lbs (151 kg) at the height of his Mr. Universe success and earned the title of ‘Dinosaur’.
3. Men’s Volleyball Club World Championship to begin in Bengaluru
- FIVB ( Fédération Internationale de Volleyball) Men’s Volleyball Club World Championship 2023 commenced at the Koramangala Indoor Stadium in Bengaluru.
- This is the first time that the prestigious tournament will be held in India. The five-day tournament will see six teams compete for the top honours.
- Prime Volleyball League Season 2 champions, Ahmedabad Defenders, will become the first Indian team to feature in the competition.
4. Govt introduces face recognition & Aadhaar identification based eKYC
- The government has introduced Face recognition and Aadhaar identification based eKYC of farmers to ensure transparency in the PM-Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme (PM-Kisan).
- In the scheme, an amount of six thousand rupees is transferred annually in three equal installments of two thousand rupees directly into the bank accounts of the farmers.
- The Government of India has disbursed over 2.60 Lakhs Crore rupees to more than 11 Crore farmers under the PM-KISAN scheme.
National & International Appointments
5. UAE’s Mohammed Al Ramsi appointed chairman of WRC23
- United Arab Emirates’ Mohammed Al Ramsi has been appointed Chairman of World Radiocommunication Conference 2023 (WRC 23).
- The event is being held in Dubai, UAE, from November 20th to December 15th, 2023.
- WRC is organized by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) every four years to revise the global use of radio-frequency spectrum, geostationary – satellite and non-geostationary-satellite orbits.
6. Nagaland Marks 5th Honey Bee Day Celebrating Apicultural Tradition
- The 5th Nagaland Honey Bee Day was celebrated under the theme- ‘Bee & Honey Trials’ at Naga Heritage Village, Kisama.
- Under the guidance of the Nagaland Beekeeping and Honey Mission (NBHM) , traditional beekeeping has transformed into a sustainable source of income for many in the state, contributing to economic sustainability.
- Nagaland currently has over one lakh beekeepers and total honey production in the state stands at 440 Metric Tonnes per annum.
- Announced this after virtually inaugurating a footwear manufacturing facility set up at an investment of Rs 400 crore by JR One Footwear Pvt Ltd at Eraiyur in Perambalur district, about 250-km south of Chennai.
Install "Sarkari Naukri, Pvt Jobs, Trusted & Breaking News App" Highest Installs in J&K - Click me to Install
Install JKUpdates App for Android and Iphone
JKSSB Govt Jobs - Check Updates
Bank Jobs, IBPS, All Banks Updates
Jammu & Kashmir News Check All Latest News from J&K
Government Jobs, Private Jobs - Check All Jobs Updates